Monday 1 August 2011

Summers finally here!

Well, here i am again in sunny Crete! The weather is simply gorgeous and so is Villa Dioneysia! Yes, thats right, it is finished and looking wonderful!. This time, I have come to Crete  with my 4 children so everything is slightly hectic at the moment. Well, not for them, as everyday they just sunbathe on the roof terrace, working on their tan!

Now that Villa Dioneysia is fully furnished, it looks wonderful and the first thing my daughter said was: 'It feels very homely.' Its amazing, because after a day of either chilling on the roof terrace, or enjoying a trip to the beach (just round the corner,) we just come home, get ready and head to the port for some drinks and some food! The port of Chania has so much to offer, with a buzzing atmosphere, you would be stupid to miss out! Cretan food is so delicious too. I'm a fan of seafood, however there is much more to offer, such as homemade meatballs, stuffed burgers and excellent salads. The restaurants always have a good atmosphere, whether it be a Monday night, or a Saturday, where there is always entertainment, such as traditional live Greek music.



Yesterday, i made my first meal in, which was spaghetti bolognaise. The kids loved it and where all excited as we were picking up my eldest son Harry from the airport. I'm so thrilled with the end result of Villa Dioneysia, it already feels like home and is so central it's great! Anyway, I've just come back from a hard day of relaxing on the beach, and am now off up to my roof terrace, with a glass of local rose wine, to enjoy the sea views, so i will catch you later, love Denise x

No comments:

Post a Comment